[MPlayer-users] gui hangs while audio plays

James Nailos nails41175 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 22 16:53:01 CET 2002

Hello all,
   I am new to the list and new to Mplayer..  I have
searched the archives and not found anything on this,
so I think it is safe to post this problem.   My
problem is this:   When I try to play an mp3 on
mplayer through the gui, the gui hangs until the song
is done playing.   I can control mplayer through the
terminal.  But I would like to be able to use the gui.
  I do not know if I have the same problem with video
files, I have not had the chance to try one.  Any help
is greatly appreciated.

Redhat 7.2
kernel 2.4.7-10
XFree86 Version 4.1.0