[MPlayer-users] NeoMagic driver

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Mar 6 04:11:02 CET 2002

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 05:32:21 +0100 (CET) "Stefan Recksiegel"
<sr at particle.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> > > But anything with a resolution higher than about 352x288
> > > still produces 'Insufficient resources' on my neomagic 2200.
> > > :-(
> > Maybe lowering resolution and/or colordepth of your xserver helps
> > (lower res/bpp -> less video memory occupied, more memory left for
> > the overlay).
>
> Tried that already. ;-)
> But for some reason that I do not understand Xv does not work with
> colourdepths of less than 16bit (it uses its own colourspace anyway
> and only needs one chromakey, right ?) and lowering the resolution
> - besides looking ugly on a TFT notebook display - does not help.
> I just wonder how the Window$ drivers do this. The screen does not
> seem to switch to 8bit when playing a DVD, and then it needs
> 1024x768x16bit = 1.4 MB, so there is only about 1 MB left for doing
> an overlay in DVD resolution, is this enough ?

DVD-Res is 720x576 or 720x480 at 12bit to 16bit (as YUY2) so it'd be
enough IMHO. Btw. I'm quite sure the nm2160 (MagicGraph 128 XD) of
my friends laptop also has only 2,5MB and it can play normal res
divx for sure 640xxxx (OOPS, not so sure I tested it already, so maybe
 I should test again :)

--
Best Regards,
	Atmos