[MPlayer-users] encoder

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Wed Jun 26 22:57:01 CEST 2002

> Thrid, its possible to encode a mpeg movie into a divx movie without
> any losses of quality? I mean, whole the information that are in mpeg
> file stay in divx, only more compressed, like a zip file. what are the
> option to do this?

there is no way to encode mpeg into divx with preserving ALL THE
INFORMATION ... it's possible to create a divx with the SAME QUALITY..
just experiment..... you have to specify the bit/sec by the encoding so
experiment... i'll expect that a half-the-size divx file will be of the
same quality but it depends on many factors...

bye,
gabor