[MPlayer-users] Re: Build failure: Cannot find vidix libs; How to specify their location?

Gregg Leichtman gsl1 at erols.com
Wed Jun 26 16:27:02 CEST 2002

Ok, I gave up on attempting to build using rpmbuild as suggested on the dload
page and went directly to configure after unpacking the source tree. This
worked and after a little fiddling with moving font and skin files around I
can now get the gui to come up. I discovered that the rpm's for the fonts and
the default skin put the files in the "wrong" place at /usr/share/mplayer
instead of /usr/local/share/mplayer. Also, the rpm for the default skin
failed to include the skin description file. The bz2 compressed file does
include the description file.

It also would be helpful to note somewhere in the docs that one font should be
chosen and its corresponding files should be placed in the font directory or
that a link should be created to one font directory.

                         -=> Gregg <=-
--
Gregg Leichtman, Ph.D.
gsl1 at N0SP&Merols.com