[MPlayer-users] Build failure: Cannot find vidix libs; How to specify their location?

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Wed Jun 26 17:06:02 CEST 2002

On Wednesday, 26 June 2002, Gregg Leichtman wrote:
> Ok, I gave up on attempting to build using rpmbuild as suggested on the
> dload page

Don't give up, send me full build log and I'll try to fix it. It's strange,
though, because vidix builds on my system, so please include the same
system information as in regular bugreport.

> and went directly to configure after unpacking the source
> tree. This worked and after a little fiddling with moving font and skin
> files around I can now get the gui to come up. I discovered that the
> rpm's for the fonts and the default skin put the files in the "wrong"
> place at /usr/share/mplayer instead of /usr/local/share/mplayer.

It's not the wrong place. It's the right place, if you
./configure --prefix=/usr

> Also, the rpm for the default skin failed to include the skin description
> file.

Which is?

> The bz2 compressed file does include the description file.
>
> It also would be helpful to note somewhere in the docs that one font
> should be chosen and its corresponding files should be placed in the
> font directory or that a link should be created to one font directory.

My RPMs do just that, so there's no need to worry.

--
MPlayer RPMs: http://msp-190.man.olsztyn.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/
Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski <rathann(at)rangers.eu.org>