[MPlayer-users] Linux PVR - anyway to do onscreen file browsing?

Krister Lagerstrom krister-mplayer at kmlager.com
Thu Jun 20 03:43:02 CEST 2002

Da Kourier wrote:

>    If you're ever in California, I owe you a beer.

Can I have one too? :-)

>    I tried using freevo, but it won't compile correctly.

It is still a little rough around the edges when it comes to the
installation. But once you get it running it should work smoothly! I use
it every day for watching TV, movies, playing MP3s...

Try the latest CVS, and I guess that you ran into problems with
freetype2 which it depends on. There's download links in the latest
INSTALL file in the freevo CVS.

 > Until I figure things out though I'm
> sticking with a link they had to a project called Ding
> http://bogmog.sourceforge.net/document_show.php3?doc_id=30.

Ding has great instructions for setting up many parts of a PVR.

Please don't hesitate to sign up for the freevo-users mailing list, the
acronym RTFM is forbidden there!

		/ Chris