[MPlayer-users] Re : Attitude Anyone?

Sylvain Petreolle spetreolle at yahoo.fr
Fri Jun 14 12:17:02 CEST 2002

> Yes. And now what? MPlayer was started by Arpi as a
> project to have an mpeg
> player for himself. It's not an m$ product or
Note that in this case he wouldn't have done
mailing-list nor web site if it was only for himself
:)
> Anyhow, I think a
> computer newbie won't use MPlayer, since he will not
> be able install/use
> Linux not counting MPlayer itself ...
I made about 70 installs for beginners with Linux -
they were absolute newbies, I choose Mandrake/RedHat
and never get a complain, only questions...

Linux is user-ready for many points today.
The only newbie-question that is important :
I want to use xxxxx from Windows it doesn't function.
Answer : It's under development and we need our point
of view.

We could perhaps made the doc more clear / user
friendly, this will made the success of MPlayer if it
is esay to distribute.GPLisation of the project is a
success for wide users distribution, otherwise it
isn't needed for personal purpose.

- If noone is working on it I could for example
updating the french doco (6/7 months old in the CVS repository)