[MPlayer-users] cvs/frameno/encode

Miklos Bagi Jr. joschy at mailbox.hu
Wed Jun 12 22:19:09 CEST 2002

Michael,

The best way I could describe the problem:
It seems that mencoder does not recognises that I'm setting a fix bitrate. It
might have a default one (I've found something in the docs that says it's
800, but I'm not sure). Doesn't metter if I change the bitrate to 6000, I'll
have the same file 300 megz file all the time.

> hmm, so its low quality? or just too small but good quality?

Low quality and that's why it is small...

> if low quality than its very strange,

I know. Also I have no idea why.

> if its good quality than its simply
> using the maxium quality and cant make a smaller file ...
> did u use the same options for pass 1 & 2 ?

Yes, I've used the same, but still, its low quality.

> can u post or upload the lavc_stats.txt (upload to ftp://mplayerhq.hu if
> its large)

it's 11 megz, 2,1 megz gzipped, so I'm uploading it. It's under
ftp.mplayerhq.hu/Mplayer/incoming/mbjr/lavc_stats.txt.gz

> how big does the file get if u encode with -lavcopts vqscale=2 (without any
> vpass stuff)

It a little bit larger, but still not much difference in quality. It's around
430 MBs.

MBJr.