[MPlayer-users] cvs/frameno/encode

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Tue Jun 11 22:25:01 CEST 2002

Hi

On Tuesday 11 June 2002 15:08, Miklos Bagi Jr. wrote:

> On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > dd bs=1M count=270 if=/dev/zero | cat 430mb.avi - >700mb.avi
>
> Yes, you're right that's possible. I could not make myself clear, so I'll
> try it again ;o) The movie mencoder generates is 430 megs, and looks like
> it uses a much less bitrate I'm trying to use. Shortly: it's ugly. I'd
> need mencoder to encode a 700 MB avi file for me with 964 as bitrate.
hmm, so its low quality? or just too small but good quality?

if low quality than its very strange, if its good quality than its simply
using the maxium quality and cant make a smaller file ...
did u use the same options for pass 1 & 2 ?
can u post or upload the lavc_stats.txt (upload to ftp://mplayerhq.hu if its
large)
how big does the file get if u encode with -lavcopts vqscale=2 (without any
vpass stuff)

[...]

Michael