[MPlayer-users] Re: [MPlayer-users] Concatenation of two AVI files. Requested feature?

Sycotic Smith sycotic at linuxmail.org
Fri Jul 26 01:15:02 CEST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 21:58:25 +0200
To: mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Re: [MPlayer-users] Concatenation of two AVI files. Requested feature?

[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
Hi,

> gabor farkas dijo:
> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> > DOCS/bugreports.html] actually i don't ever used transcode :-), but if
> > someone needed to concatenate 2 avis they were told to use transcode,
> > so i told the same now :-)))
>
> If you can do mplayer avi1.avi avi2.avi avi3.avi and it plays the 3 files one
> after the other, why mencoder can't do the same thing?

I wouldn't know where to begin to actually implement, but would it work if you 'strip' the index, then cat the contained stream(s) to mencoder and create a new index for the entire new stream?  Kinda like the feature currently used when 'fixing' a broken index using the copy function.

/S. Smith