[MPlayer-users] DVD constant a/v mismatch (was DXR3 audio/video sync issues)

Steffen Barszus st_barszus at gmx.de
Sat Jul 20 17:44:01 CEST 2002

Am Samstag, 20. Juli 2002 10:51 schrieb Robert R. Wal:
> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> On 02.07.19 Arpi pressed the following keys:
> > Unfortunatelly i have only one dvd producing this problem,
> I don't remember having many DVDs with noticable a/v difference, but
> there are some.
> > ~200ms desync, but i'm pretty sure its badly mastered somehow.
> May be, or may be not badly mastered DVD. It seems to be so common, that
> several programs autimagically compensate this a/v mismatch. I don't
> know how is it done, the information may be in one of three places:
> 1. Some info in VOB header.
> 2. Relative position of audio and video streams (i.e. do not try to seek
> further and start playing a/v streams at the same time, use some form of
> interleave-based a/v synchronization).
> 3. Some info in .IFO file.
> Fortunatelly I managed to find the program that reports a/v delay, even
> GPL-ed and with Linux version:
> http://www.maven.de/code/index.html#vstrip

Would be fine if mplayer can use some of that code. I put  a jpg 
(vStrip-Screenshot-recognized-delay.jpg) on incoming there 
vstrip report these thingie (ran it without a matching .ifo file was there so 
it seems to be in the .vob) Too the .ifo-Parsing is a nice thing. You will be 
able to see the language of the ac3 stream. The DVD I used is disneys 
atlantis. I ran vstrip over winex , maybe someone get it to compile under 



More information about the MPlayer-users mailing list