[MPlayer-users] mencoder a/v sync issues
Bryan J. Opfer
mplayer at bopfer.com
Fri Jul 19 16:13:02 CEST 2002
My sync problems are fixed. I just changed my commands to generate a wav
file instead of an mp3 and then had mencoder to the mp3lame conversion.
Works like a charm. Thanks, all, for the advice.
On Fri, 19 Jul 2002, Arpi wrote:
> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > Well, if I don't specify the fps shouldn't it just use the fps of the
> > input?
> it does.
> but maybe the input fps is wrong.
> > I also tried encoding with "-ofps 29.97" and had the same exact sync
> > issues.
> using external tools to convert audio and video usually results in a-v
> desync. it is not mencoders fault, it gets desynced streams.
> try to override input framerate (-fps, NOT -ofps) by 29.97 (not 29.976) or
> 30.0. if still bad, use mencoder to do the dv->divx and pcm->mp3 conversion
> itself, so it can detect and fix a-v desync in input media.
> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
> Developer of MPlayer, the Movie Player for Linux - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu
> RTFM!!! http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu/DOCS
> Search: http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu/cgi-bin/htsearch
More information about the MPlayer-users