[MPlayer-users] mencoder a/v sync issues

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Jul 19 00:06:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> Well, if I don't specify the fps shouldn't it just use the fps of the
> input?
it does.
but maybe the input fps is wrong.

> I also tried encoding with "-ofps 29.97" and had the same exact sync
> issues.

using external tools to convert audio and video usually results in a-v
desync. it is not mencoders fault, it gets desynced streams.

try to override input framerate (-fps, NOT -ofps) by 29.97 (not 29.976) or
30.0. if still bad, use mencoder to do the dv->divx and pcm->mp3 conversion
itself, so it can detect and fix a-v desync in input media.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team