[MPlayer-users] big A/V syn problems

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jul 15 23:11:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> And do you really need some fscking bug report of 21934821394129482913
> pages long to get an eye on it?

it is not so long, and teh answer is of course yes

> ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/!under_checking-2/allymcbealep1vf.avi
> && how-highfr.avi

how-highfr: sync seem sto be ok for me, but it needs -ni to work at all

allymcbealep1vf.avi: plays ok, but has a constant ~1s a-v desync, but it's
the problem of the file, both xine and aviplay plays it with same delay

quoting your .txt:
"Totally out of sync using ffmpeg

with opendivx it's a bit better, but still
needs much correction
Don't know why mplayer is playing with slower audio:
maybe due to 48000Hz requested and only 44100Hz played?
"

so it looks like audio driver problem at your side...
rtfm, there are ways to workaround

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team