[MPlayer-users] big A/V syn problems

Daniel Kenzelmann kenzelma at stud.uni-frankfurt.de
Mon Jul 15 21:19:01 CEST 2002

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 20:42, Lethal Weapon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There's a big a/v sync problem since 2 months with mplayer, apparently
> the -ni switch has no effect at all, maybe it is broken?
Some seconds constant a/v difference ?

I had the same problems on some new divx.
-ni didn't help, maybe some strange windows encoder which
fucks up files?
-ovc copy -oac copy didn't help either.

> Also sometimes the delay switch doesn't work correctly (once you seek
> through the avi, the delay is "canceled")
> And do you really need some fscking bug report of 21934821394129482913
> pages long to get an eye on it?

You might just play it with -v option and attach the output
(not too much effort, is it?)
Version of libavcodec might help too.

> Now i'm getting more and more divx's that are in the same case, and
> nothing seems to be done (yeah you are not paid for it, i know, and i
> can't fix it myself, but mplayer is unusable on those files)

Same with me. But as i stated above, it could be the fault of some f'up
encoder.

> Files i'm having problems with are now in:
>
> ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/!under_checking-2/allymcbealep1vf.avi  && how-highfr.avi

well, now you just have to wait.

> I'm waiting for those to be fixed to check other avis, because i think
> they are relaying on the same problem, and this will maybe avoid to get
> your ftp full of unneeded files.

Daniel
--
Kommt ein Vektor zur Drogenberatung:
"Hilfe, ich bin linear abhängig!"

PGP Fingerprint:
1839 78CC 4232 DBB1 B3B2 21F1 3505 E1BB B238 2F29