[MPlayer-users] Bad quality ("horizontal lines on movement") an mpeg2->divx

Steven Adeff adeffs at rpi.edu
Sun Jul 14 20:38:02 CEST 2002

Ahh, so if i don't put the parameter, what does it choose as default? is
there anyway to capture the suggested vbitrate from the 1st pass of a
3pass encode? that way I could have a script that you tell it the
filename and cdlength and it will automatically use the value that the
1st pass suggests?

I just created a shell script that I give it the filename, it 3pass
encodes it, then renames the output file to the original name except it
ends in .divx instead of .mpg/.mpeg but would like to add that feature
of setting the vbitrate according to the suggested one(and then maybe
even set it up to do that OR a user selected bitrate.)

also, is there a way to get mencoder to not display the info about the
files its encoding and just show the progress section?

thanks!

On Sun, 2002-07-14 at 05:41, Corey Hickey wrote:
> Steven Adeff wrote:
> > I'm trying to use this to encode some stuff I got off tivo to mpeg4, but
> > when i put in vbitrate="$1" i get an error, can someone help me with
> > that?
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > On Fri, 2002-07-12 at 10:32, napo wrote:
> >
> >>try  this
> >>mencoder -npp lb -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate="$1":vhq:vpass=2
> >>-oac copy -sws 2 -o output.avi -
> >
> That line was intended to be used in a script, in which case $1 refers
> to the first parameter passed to the script at the command line, i.e.:
> $ ./my-encoding-script 900
> would make vbitrate be equal to 900.
>
> For your purposes, just say vbitrate=900 or whatever you want (read the
> manual).
>
> -Corey

Steven Adeff
ADEFFS at RPI.EDU
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
AOLIM:"IndieRockSteve"

Those who can think, do; those who cannot, dress funny.

"Bodies are for hookers and fat people" - Bender

You can teach the ignorant, with the stupid there is no hope.

"You see, eventually your music will help put an end to war
and poverty, it will align the planets and bring them into
universal harmony, allowing meaningful contact with all
forms of life."
-Bill 'n' Teds Excellent Adventure