[MPlayer-users] Problem with a 300 MHz National Processor

SycOtiC Smith sycotic at onebox.com
Wed Jan 30 19:54:02 CET 2002

>In the latest mplayer I observe that it shows caching ..... upto 20%
> or so before playing a stream thru network, Is it buffering. Is it a one time
> buffering or whenever needed. I went thru docs but could not find changelog
> about this.

> Love and Peace,
> sachin.

Try --enable-cache (or is it --enable-caching ?) when compiling.
If I missed something and it is now enabled by default, then you can just use:
mplayer <your options) -cache # (I believe from past reading it is in kbytes).

If I am wrong with these, please let me know so I don't give the wrong info.

Good luck!

/S. Smith