[MPlayer-users] MPlayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: decode_video

nate delage aweeka3 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 08:42:02 CET 2002

Hi,

I am trying to use MPlayer on my Alpha machine running
linux.  I compiled the latest cvs bz2 with ffmpeg,
which I compiled and installed per the instructions.
But when I play a divx movie MPlayer crashes before
the video begins to display.

I had to compile MPlayer witd to compile MPlayer with
-mcpu=ev5 because with the default that the configure
script choose (ev56) I got compile errors, that I was
missing certain instructions on my CPU. I get the same
results with ----disable-fastmemcpy.

Thanks, Nate

Now for the rest of the bug report:

MPLAYER OUTPUT:

& mplayer -vo x11 -ao oss  -vfm 5 -v 1
/cdrom/Cheech+Chong\ Up\ In\ Smoke.avi

output attached. (mplayer.log)

System info:

debian unstable for alpha

Linux alpha 2.4.17 #1 Sat Jan 19 17:27:34 MST 2002
alpha unknown

nate at alpha:~$ ls -l /lib/libc[.-]*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      1965365 Dec  5
18:41 /lib/libc-2.2.4.so
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           13 Jan 16
17:55 /lib/libc.so.6.1 -> libc-2.2.4.so

nate at alpha:~$ X -version
XFree86 Version 4.1.0.1 / X Window System
Release Date: 21 December 2001
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if
your card is
        newer than the above date, look for a newer
version before
        reporting problems.  (See
http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
Build Operating System: Linux 2.4.12 alpha [ELF]
Module Loader present

nate at alpha:~$ gcc -v
Reading specs from
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-linux/2.95.4/specs
gcc version 2.95.4  (Debian prerelease)

nate at alpha:~$ ld -v
GNU ld version 2.11.92.0.12.3 20011121 Debian/GNU
Linux

nate at alpha:~$ as --version
GNU assembler 2.11.92.0.12.3 20011121 Debian/GNU Linux
This program is free software; you may redistribute it
under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has
absolutely no warranty.
This assembler was configured for a target of
`alpha-linux'.

nate at alpha:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
cpu                     : Alpha
cpu model               : EV56
cpu variation           : 0
cpu revision            : 0
cpu serial number       : Linux_is_Great!
system type             : EB164
system variation        : LX164
system revision         : 0
system serial number    : MILO-2.0.35-c7b
cycle frequency [Hz]    : 533333333
timer frequency [Hz]    : 1024.00
page size [bytes]       : 8192
phys. address bits      : 40
max. addr. space #      : 127
BogoMIPS                : 1059.80
kernel unaligned acc    : 0 (pc=0,va=0)
user unaligned acc      : 1888
(pc=1200e7d90,va=200009ccd09)
platform string         : N/A
cpus detected           : 0

Matrox Millenium II graphics card, using XFree driver

Ensoniq 5880 AudioPCI (rev 02)