[MPlayer-users] Tdfxfb - some stuff concerning this topic

Marcin Cylke alien at itcomp.dabrowa.pl
Tue Jan 29 23:48:02 CET 2002

Hello
Firstyl I wanted to reply directly to Alan but then I thought that there
are things to discuss (later in this post).

Alan, tdfxfb works only under consloe.Fbset is used to set framebuffer
properly, and you use it like this:# fbset 1024x768-75 -a -depth 16
You need root privelages and a file called fb.modes in /etc/ dir.You can
generate this file by yourself but I'm in possesion of a very well written
(generated) fb.modes file.It comes from PLD (Polish Linux Distribution) -
but it is ok, and international :) If someone is interested I can sent the
file  - write first.

If you are using Mandrake you may need to recompile the kernel to make all
the things go well.

--
Pozdrawiam
Marcin Cylke