[MPlayer-users] vidix for NVidia Vanta 6.2

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jan 28 10:48:01 CET 2002

Hi,

> > If so, what nvidia chips will support vidix?
> As for me - I don't believe that nvidia_vid will be finished :(
> NVidia hides any docs from 3rd developers and produces closed source drivers.
> Alex had reserved authors field in vidix structs - I guess he's done it specially
> for NVidia Inc. and waits until NVidia will write such driver ;)
> Indeed such driver can be finished only if Alex or someone other has proprietary
> closed documentation on NVidia chips that's hardly :(
> Simpy because it conflicts with NVidia politics.
> [Note: it's my opinion only!!!]

Alex said that XF 4.2.0 has opensource Xvideo driver for older nvidia chips
too, like TNT2. (The nv driverin 4.1.0 only supported a few geforce cards.)
So it is may be possible to write vidix driver.
(3D functions are still secret of nvidia for all their cards)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu