[MPlayer-users] vidix for NVidia Vanta 6.2

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Mon Jan 28 10:29:02 CET 2002

Hello, Brent!

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 00:36:49 -0800 you wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With the current CVS version, vidix for the NVidia Vanta 6.2 (TNT2)
> is unsupported.
>
> Is this because the prerequisite hardware support is missing?
>
> If so, what nvidia chips will support vidix?
As for me - I don't believe that nvidia_vid will be finished :(
NVidia hides any docs from 3rd developers and produces closed source drivers.
Alex had reserved authors field in vidix structs - I guess he's done it specially
for NVidia Inc. and waits until NVidia will write such driver ;)
Indeed such driver can be finished only if Alex or someone other has proprietary
closed documentation on NVidia chips that's hardly :(
Simpy because it conflicts with NVidia politics.
[Note: it's my opinion only!!!]