[MPlayer-users] No DVD Support and DXR3 Compiling Problems

pl p_l at tfz.net
Thu Jan 24 10:48:02 CET 2002

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 08:18:05PM -0600, John wrote:
> > If the configure script doesn't detect your libdvdread & libdvdcss
> > options, it means they are weirdly installed and that MPlayer
> > compilation is most unlikely to fail.
>
> That's the odd thing.  They are installed in the default locations.  I just
> did a configure, make and make install on both.  My other system that I did
> this on worked great.  The MPlayer configure script found dvd support just
> fine.  That was redhat 7.2 also.

Apparently your gcc does not automatically look for headers (maybe libs
too) in /usr/local/include (/usr/local/lib).

Something like this should fix your detection problems:
 configure --with-extraincdir=/usr/local/include/ \
           --with-extralibdir=/usr/local/lib/

> And just for reference here is the error the make crashes out with:
>
> TRANT -I. -I..   -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/g
> lib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -o ao_dxr3.o ao_dxr3.c
> ao_dxr3.c: In function `play':
> ao_dxr3.c:263: `EM8300_IOCTL_AUDIO_SETPTS' undeclared (first use in this
> function)
> ao_dxr3.c:263: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> ao_dxr3.c:263: for each function it appears in.)
> make[1]: *** [ao_dxr3.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/download/MPlayer-0.60/libao2'
> make: *** [libao2/libao2.a] Error 2
> > As for DXR3 related problems, I dunno.
>
> I think the patch that fixes the DXR3 compilation issues is out there.  Does
> anyone know about it?

I think you should get a fresh cvs copy as ao_dxr3.c no longer exists in
the cvs repository. See DOCS/DXR3 for the new options.  Don't forget to
use the -A flag if you have sticky files.

--
Best regards,
  pl