[MPlayer-users] No DVD Support and DXR3 Compiling Problems

John example42 at netzero.net
Thu Jan 24 04:14:01 CET 2002

----- Original Message -----
> On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 12:08:35PM -0600, John wrote:
>
> > I have two unrelated problems when trying to compile MPlayer.  The first
is
> > the configuration script does not find libdvdread or libdvdcss related
> > files.
>
> > I have installed libdvdcss 0.0.3 and libdvdread 0.9.2 as laid out in the
> > howto for installing MPlayer.  Everything went well.  When running the
> > MPlayer configure it does not detect dvd support though.  Looking at the
> > configure.log it says the 4 .h files needed were not found.  I have
searched
> > my system and they are there in /usr/local/include/dvdread.
> >  I have edit
> > /etc/ld.so.conf, created /dev/dvd exists, and anything else I could
think of
> > to get it to find dvd, but to no avail.  So I decided I would give up
and
> > just force configure with DVD support since I knew I had it.
> > But....Compilation problems with DXR3 cropped up.
>
> If the configure script doesn't detect your libdvdread & libdvdcss
> options, it means they are weirdly installed and that MPlayer
> compilation is most unlikely to fail.

That's the odd thing.  They are installed in the default locations.  I just
did a configure, make and make install on both.  My other system that I did
this on worked great.  The MPlayer configure script found dvd support just
fine.  That was redhat 7.2 also.

>  - did you run ldconfig after installing those libs

Yes

>  - does mplayer compiles & run without dvd support ?

Yes, so long as I disable DXR3 support before making.

>    (plain 'configure && make' run without options)
>  - do the dxr3 compilation troubles occur if dvd & dxr3 support are
>    disabled ?

They do not.  And the DXR3 compilation trouble seems to be totally
independent of dvd support or not.  I think this is 2 seperate problems.
And just for reference here is the error the make crashes out with:

TRANT -I. -I..   -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/g
lib/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -o ao_dxr3.o ao_dxr3.c
ao_dxr3.c: In function `play':
ao_dxr3.c:263: `EM8300_IOCTL_AUDIO_SETPTS' undeclared (first use in this
function)
ao_dxr3.c:263: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
ao_dxr3.c:263: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [ao_dxr3.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/download/MPlayer-0.60/libao2'
make: *** [libao2/libao2.a] Error 2

Also, I just installed the newest em8300 DXR3 package (released the 1/20)
and it didn't change a thing.

>  - configure.log might help

Attached.

> As for DXR3 related problems, I dunno.

I think the patch that fixes the DXR3 compilation issues is out there.  Does
anyone know about it?
Thanks for your help.
John