[MPlayer-users] Re: Annoying beep when starting mplayer

Alvaro psst at euskalnet.net
Wed Jan 23 12:15:02 CET 2002

No, it's nothing to do with esd.
I BET only happens to you when using mplayer with the GUI, not without
it.
I'm pretty sure the reason of that beep is connected to the reason it
doesn't show the window decoration in the display window.
For some reason, sawfish window manager (which I suppose you're using)
doesn't recognice that window as a valid window, so it fails to decorate
it, therefore the beep.
Yeah, it happens to me EXACTLY the same. Maybe you should write to
sawfish developers list to report the bug.

Best regards, a.