[MPlayer-users] Re: gcc-3.0.3-2 isn't able to compile mplayer sources

Daniel Mladek dmladek at netbeans.com
Thu Jan 17 19:01:02 CET 2002

Sven Hartge wrote:

> Daniel Mladek <dmladek at netbeans.com> wrote:
>

>>Then compilation fails with 2 errors. (should be attached to this message):
>>----snip---
>>make[1]: *** [libdha-0.1.so] Error 1
>>make[1]: Leaving directory
>>`/DISKS/storage3/Install/Media/Video/OK/MPlayer/MPlayer-20020110/libdha'
>>make: *** [libdha/libdha.so] Error 2
>>------
>>

> This error message is worthless. You don't give the reason, _why_
> libdha-0.1.so is failing.
>
> Maybe you got the configure-version w/o awk/mawk/gawk checking, which
> always assumed, there is a gawk. This has nothing to do with the
> compiler.
>
> If it is not the awk/mawk/gawk problem, then please be so kind and post
> a little bit more info, for example the complete gcc- (or whaterver
> error it was) error.

I don't exactly understand what do you want.
I sent you (to this mailing list) all what is written explicitely in DOC:
1. The system info:
2. Hardware & drivers:
3. these files:

     * configure.log
     * config.h
     * config.mak
     * libvo/config.mak

+ compilation error output on my console.

There were such details like gcc version, etc. in those info(s).

Again  it happend to me only with those gcc:
  cpp-3.0.3-2.i686.rpm
  gcc-c++-3.0.3-2.i686.rpm
  gcc-objc-3.0.3-2.i686.rpm
  gcc-3.0.3-2.i686.rpm
  gcc-g77-3.0.3-2.i686.rpm
  libgcc-3.0.1-3.i386.rpm

When I using the default ones on RH71 distribution (which are:
2.ninety-six-81.i386.rpm)
or by DOCumentation recomanded gcc-2.95.3....everything is OK.

I just wanna point to that there are also problems in gcc 3.0.x (not
only in blasphemed patched 2.ninety-six- gcc from RedHat).

So Excuseme for this interuption you by this...
Rather giving up;)

cheers
Dan