[MPlayer-users] Re: Encoding any format -> MPG

Sven Hartge hartge at ds9.argh.org
Wed Jan 9 18:15:03 CET 2002

[Ugly quoting repaired]

"Ramsey, Mike" <Mike_Ramsey at nai.com> wrote:

>>> I know there will be support for this with mencoder in the future but
>>> is there any applications that someone can recommend for this? I like
>>> my movies to be in MPG format so I can make Video CD's out of them.

>> I think this will be added in future versions, but you can try the
>> latest 0.6.0pre version of transcode, which adds an mpeg-output plugin
>> to produce (S)VCD compatible MPEG-Streams.

> You think it will be added in future versions of transcode or mencoder?

mencoder.

> Also is the mpeg-output plugin that you speak of included in the
> transcode0.6.0pre release?

 * export_mpeg.so (new in v0.6.0pre1)
   MPEG-1/2, (S)VCD, DVD, MPEG-1 layer-II audio.

And, BTW, from latest changelog:

- Gerhard Monzel added filter plugin interface to MPlayer postprocessing
  routines. Use this filter with "-J pp". You need to specify the MPlayer build
  directory with "--with-libpostproc-builddir" to enable compilation of
  the plugin. See MPlayer for module options. For example, a high quality
  de-interlace routine is available with "-J pp=lb".

S!

--
Letzte Worte einer Jungfrau: Ooooooh! Neiiiiin! Ooooooooh!