[MPlayer-users] encoding dvds into multiple avi files

Rick rick at topaz.ne.mediaone.net
Wed Jan 9 06:18:02 CET 2002

I have thoroughly read the documentation.. if the answer to this is in the
docs. I apologize in advance.. but I can't find it.

I am trying to encode dvd's into 2 avi files (so they will fit on 2 cd's at a
high quality)- i have looked at the -chapter option, but it says it starts
encoding at a certain point.. it says nothing about stopping.  The only
option I see pertaining to the ending point of the encode is -frames.

What would be the best way to go about doing this?  I have though about using
split to split the files and then reencode the files to correct the index..
but that sounds like a really dirty solution to me.

Also, do you know of or have any software that will output the TOC info from
a DVD (by TOC info, I mean titles, languages, chapters with running times
each, etc).

Rick Warner
Linux Systems Administrator
Gnu/SAIR certified