[MPlayer-users] YUY2 format when using v4l

Per Mellander per.mellander at mmtab.se
Mon Jan 7 10:01:01 CET 2002

Hi!

Got the latest release, 0.60, and was a bit confused. I have been trying
to get my Hauppauge WinTV Teather to work with MPlayer for quite a
while. The problem has been odd coloring when using -tv. I was guided to
the 'Hint' part in the documentation and started to try out the
different outformats. Nothing gave correct coloring and I was only able
to run YV12 and UYVY which both can't be properly handled by the WinTV
card. So I checked out the tv.c source and found that YUY2 was commented
out. I put it back in and tested. Everything was perfect!! So my humble
question is - Why is it commented out? It does work!

MPlayer0.60 is always run with -vo mga on a Matrox G450 DH with mga_vid,
and matroxfb modules.

Another question is if there is a possibility to get the -fs option to
put the picture as much to the left as possible. When I run with -fs
-screenw 800 -screenh 600 and the picture gets smaller than 800 pixels
wide it gets centered which of course is the most natural thing to do.
But the fact that the underlying text ( console ) is visible is quite
annoying. Is there a way to move the picture to the left??

/Mel