[MPlayer-users] Leaving..

Gerhard den Hollander gerhard at jasongeo.com
Fri Jan 4 15:17:02 CET 2002

* Nick Kurshev <nickols_k at mail.ru> (Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 01:33:56PM +0300)

>> What ?
>> Does it now support Sorensens quicktime codec ?
>> ;)

> Who needs with it?

I do ?

> IMHO mpeg2 is much better ;)
> Lets Apple open documentation of this codec or just implement binary codec for Linux
> else it must die, imho ;)

Yeah,
well.
Problem is, certain types of files downloaded from the internet
(e.g. the set with all tool videoclips) are only available in apple /
sorensen codec.

Same with various movie trailers and pretty much anything on the apple
webshite ...

While I could care less about the last 2, I would like to be able to see
those tool vids ;)

	Gerhard,  <@jasongeo.com>   == The Acoustic Motorbiker ==
--
   __O	If your watch is wound, wound to run, it will
 =`\<,	If your time is due, due to come, it will