[MPlayer-users] happy new year and a question for the creators..

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Tue Jan 1 15:44:13 CET 2002

Hi,

> well, relax. i dont want to bugreport anything AND i read
> the F****** manual. i do not have any problems with mplayer
> but i wanted to ask, how u develop it. (in fact, i wanna
> learn c myselft thats the reason for this mail) do u use
> some kinda IDE or what? and if u do, which one? i'm looking
> for a nice one, but i cant find any free environment..

there are a LOT. but we don't use them. we don't need it.
it's the same as with windoze. you can either use a nice colored
gui-controlled click&clack gui or use the more powerfull commandline.

i personally use mcedit, ported from 4.5.x back to 4.1.35-A12pre1.
it has all features i need, including syntax hilights etc.
ofcourse, it's textmode. sometimes i use joe.
more powerfull hackers use just vi :)

> look, i have to learn java at school and i like the object-
> oriented stuff (Class.Method() and so on). i wrote some
it's good only for some gui stuff. for fast, stable code it won't work.
mplayer is not oop, and will never be!
and, think, why is kernel not oop? or X?

> do u have a nice ID(E) for me? :)
vi

> thx in advance, and yeah i know this aint the right place to ask
> this question,
agree

> but i cant find an answer anywhere :(
freshmeat, google