[MPlayer-users] Is G400's vsync capability better than Radeon's?

Brian J. Murrell 79290b5d148c3843ab5df3866212cd61 at interlinx.bc.ca
Thu Feb 28 22:36:01 CET 2002

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 01:15:33PM +0100, Arpi wrote:

> Hi,

Hi A'rpi.

> I don't know about radeon, but mga_vid uses 4 buffers queued, and the
> card switches to the next at each vsync automagically, without blocking
> mplayer process.

Nice!  Vsync, asynchronously to Mplayer!  If this is mga_vid's
technology, then this should be in vidix too, no?

> This tech. is called triple/quad buffering.
> The sit-and-wait method is the double buffering.

I see.  What happens if I use "-double" with mga_vid/vidix?  Does that
override the "triple/quad buffering" (asynchronous) vsync with
(synchronous) double buffering?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell