[MPlayer-users] Feature Request: Ogg encapsulation

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Mon Feb 25 17:16:01 CET 2002

Hi BlackRider,

on Mon, 25 Feb 2002 16:00:57 +0100 you wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 04:51:08 +0100
> Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > mplayer will support this AS SOON AS the author of dshwo filter releases teh
> > sources or someone reverse engineer the format... (not trivial ogg packets)
> >
> > i see many of you wants this... so let's contact the author and force him to
> > send the sources... he promised it a week ago, but still not sent...
>
> And why you can't use libogg?
We can and will use it be we need to know how the author of the dshwo filter
encapluslate the headers inside the ogg stream. libogg is a generic lib, then
we need to know how he used it. I contacted him and he told me he'll send me
the sources. But I still haven't it. Like Arpi said you can also contact him and
ask him to release his sources (or spec), so mplayer develloppers (and others)
can implement it in their software. I think a little user pressure will help to have
the sources asap.
	Albeu