[MPlayer-users] Re: DVD playing

Steve Stavropoulos steve at math.upatras.gr
Fri Feb 15 23:13:02 CET 2002

On Fri, 15 Feb 2002, Gabucino wrote:

> It seems everyone's DVD playing sucks, except developers ;)

 My DVD Playing rockz, even though I'm not a developer. To be exact, it's
the first time I can play a DVD in my 1600x1200 at 32bit desktop without
having to switch to 1024x768 at 16bit so I don't have a large framedrop. Xine
couldn't play the DVD without dropping MANY FRAMES, and so did mplayer.
But when I discovered mga_vid (i used xv before) all changed. MPlayer
played PERFECT without any need to switch resolution/depth.
 Thank you mplayer developers for a wonderful movie player (and for the
-slang switch too)!