[MPlayer-users] MEncoder Questions

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Thu Feb 14 18:25:02 CET 2002

Hi,

> >Another thing I need help on, is how to create an SVCD/XVCD from a DVD
> >using mencoder. (Im fairly new to encoding video and Im not quite sure
> >about formats/codecs to use, etc.)
>
> Unfortunately at this time MEncoder does not encode to the proper format for
>  (S)VCD's.  VCD format
> is usually MPEG1 stream, SVCD is MPEG2.  Currently MEncoder only creates AVI
>  files, which of course
> can have MPEG1/2 streams...
>
> If this has changed, someone let me know.  TFM still says only AVI.

I'm thinking about mpeg 1/2 support (but not yet done)
anyway we have no mpeg2 encoder yet.
and i also need to find some good docs about vcd/svcd format, especially the
right packet sizes and packet header formating. i can only make mpeg PES
files right now, i don't know the details of PS headers and other funny
fields and padding stuff there.

do someone know/have an mpeg pes2ps converter/remuxer ?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team