[MPlayer-users] TV - Input.. Full Bug Report (I hope)

Luke Harrison luke at vv.carleton.ca
Tue Feb 12 23:21:02 CET 2002

Hi,

	I've been trying to use MPlayer with my v4l tuner [it's a Bt878]. It works fine with XawTV, MoTV, etc.. From my reading of the fucking manual, I've concluded this is indeed a colourspace problem. However, regardless of the outfmt="" i pass to mplayer, the colours are still fucked up. The default YV12 is all blue n' shit. i420 is also bluish, though differently so. BTW, it appears there's a slight error in teh DOCS, that say to use -vc i420 w/ outfmt=i420 when in fact that codec doesn't exist and -vc rawi420 is correct. The rgb* modes w/ -vo sdl are also fucked.
This is with the a current CVS version. using -vo xv...
I've attached the mplayer -v log for:

 mplayer -v -tv on:driver=v4l:width=640:height=480:norm=ntsc:chanlist=us-cable:outfmt=i420 -vc rawi420
and
mplayer -v -tv on:driver=v4l:width=640:height=480:norm=ntsc:chanlist=us-cable

respectively as attachments...

My system is:
p3 [Katmai] 450mhz, 512megs RAM

processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 7
model name      : Pentium III (Katmai)
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 451.029
cache size      : 512 KB
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 2
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 mmx fxsr sse
bogomips        : 897.84

40gig HD [udma/33]
ASUS V-3800U/D Riva TNT2 Ultra, 32 Megs SGRAM  [I know, I know the module  causes my kernel to oops on occasion as well.... and yes I emailed NVidia] ver. 1.0-2313
Hauppage WinTV BT878 w/ BTTV v 0.7.83
SB Live! Value [the old one no ac3 or anything]  w/ the 2.4.17 OSS drivers

Distro: Debian/sid Unstable
Linux Kernel 2.4.17 custom compiled, nothing too out of the ordinary...
NVdriver is my only loaded module

GCC version: 2.95.4-11
LD: 2.11.92.0.12.3 20011121
XFree86 Version 4.1.0.1 / X Window System
GlibC: 2.2.5
Binutils: 2.11.92.0.12.3 20011121

If you need more info, just say so... Or if i missed something important, just RTFM me :)
BTW, there are some outfmt= 's that are mentioned in DOCS but are not supported like yuy2.

Thanks Alot,

---
Luke Harrison
luke at vv.carleton.ca