[MPlayer-users] vesa:vidix on my radeon is freezing my system quite frequently

Brian J. Murrell bd9db95ee711743eb83896837e6450a7 at interlinx.bc.ca
Sat Feb 9 19:53:02 CET 2002

On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 05:15:56PM +0300, Nick Kurshev wrote:
> Hello, Brian!

Hi Nick,

> On Sat, 9 Feb 2002 06:41:30 -0500 you wrote:
>
> BJM> binutils version:
> BJM> GNU assembler 2.11.92.0.12 20011121
> Try downgrade ld and binutils to 2.11

OK.  I will try that.

> mplayer -v -v -v -ao alsa5 -vo vesa:vidix -double filename >mlog
> and send me end of your log.

I will do that too the next time it happens.

> If this problem occures randomly then try as experiment --disable-sse in confiure.

I will try that too.

> If you meet such problem with -vo vesa only therefore radeon_vid.so has no problem
> (I mean if -vo xvidix or -vo fbdev:vidix works fine for you)

Framebuffer does not work on my machine.  The Radeon framebuffer
driver hangs my box.  Remember, I have the PCI Radeon and I wrote
to the list regarding how XFree86 hangs my box until I removed the
"AGP" stuff from XF86Config-4?

> Did you meet this problem before in mplayer-0.60?

I have not had the problem until recently, and even now it's so
random, I don't know for sure when it started.

> It seems as some strange memopy leak.

How come you think so?  I can help track it down if you tell me why
you think it is a memory leak.

> Try the latest 2.4.18-pre.9 kernel.

I will try that if all else fails.

> How long sound plays for you after freezing video playback?

After the whole OS freezes, less than a second of sound plays over and
over again.

> Is it comparable with audio cache size?

I dunno.  How do I determine the audio cache size?

> Also try -vc ffmpeg12 insted of libmpeg2.

I will try that too.  Generally speaking, which is the better lib?

b.

--
Brian J. Murrell