[MPlayer-users] video streaming - PROXY/FIREWALL problem?

pl p_l at gmx.fr
Thu Feb 7 13:58:01 CET 2002

On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 05:35:40PM +0100, Daniel Mladek wrote:

> I'm using mplayer to play "local" movie's files without any problem.
> I'm behind firewall. And I can't play any streaming videos.
> I've also configure my mplayer with --enable-streaming
> when I run eg.

Net support is automatically enabled now.

> I've receive something like this:
>
> MPlayer CVS-020110-06:00-2.95.3 (C) 2000-2002 Arpad Gereoffy (see DOCS!)

You should try with a more recent version - 1 month is old for mplayer
development and proxy support was added/fixed recently IIRC.  Yet, I did
not made your stream work with a recent cvs trough a squid proxy (it
works fine without, though).

It should be 'http_proxy=http://webcache.xxx.xxx.com:8080'

> Also I tried  use *runsocks* (which I sucessfuly using with other
> programs)...
Not tried.

--
Best regards,