[MPlayer-users] Suddent version dependent CPU usage problems.

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Dec 28 23:24:03 CET 2002

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 10:57:55PM +0100, |TEcHNO| wrote:

> >-ni and cache doesn't work together...
> >it's known and even printed just learn to read
> Yeah, I know. It's just that cache is something I'd like to use, and if
> a movie is Broken it somehow doesn't stop to use it, while I think it
> shoudl disable cache if it detects broken AVI's.

I think the problem is that with the current design, cache can't
easily be disabled once the file is opened with cache enabled. So, by
the time mplayer switches to -ni mode, it's too late... From my
experience, cache is always bad. It makes for large startup delays and
very slow seeking and doesn't improve performance at all.

Rich