[MPlayer-users] Re: Recurring Quicktime DLL Problem

Ryan Hayle hackel at walkingfish.com
Mon Dec 23 00:55:02 CET 2002

I tried to send this yesterday, but it was too large for the mailing
list with the output attached.

> it does scan WIN32LIBDIR (defaults to /usr/lib/win32) for *.qtx files, then
> tris to open it. your log shows that it didn't load any qtx plugins, so no
> wonder if it can't play your files. check the paths and rights...
> but i don't know why didn't find the qtx files there...
>
> your strace log is useless here. enable debug info in loader/Makefile
> (-DDETAILED_OUT) and module.c (#define DEBUG_QTX_API) too and show -v output
> then.

Okay, I did this (and also updated CVS), and now mplayer is crashing.
You can see the -v output at the URL below.  When I try to get a
backtrace in gdb, this is all I get:

#0  0x08119c07 in report_func ()
#1  0x0812599d in wrapper ()

The mplayer -v output is here:
http://hackel.hn.org/~hackel/mp-out.txt
The strace (if it would be helpful) is also here:
http://hackel.hn.org/~hackel/mp-strace.txt

I also noticed that the configure script doesn't seem to be setting the
$_win32libdir variable correctly (it is empty), yet it still detects
win32 support.  It prints:
"Checking for Win32 DLL support ... yes (using )"
then at the end says "Failed to find a WIN32 codecs directory!"

Hope this helps...
Ryan

--
Ryan Hayle <hackel at walkingfish.com>