[MPlayer-users] css encrypted SVCD problem

Christof Buergi christof at buergi.lugs.ch
Tue Dec 17 21:21:02 CET 2002

Am Dienstag, 17. Dezember 2002 14.39 schrieb Ulrich Dobramysl:
> I have a problem with an encrypted SVCD here. It was ripped from DVD
> but not decrypted. When trying with libcss and -dvdauth there are
> many IDE/ATAPI errors in the kernel log (understandable, because
> there is no DVD in the Drive but a CD), but there is no chance of
> getting the css key.
>
> Any suggestions?
> Thanks!

You can only get the CSS-key from the DVD. You, then, can set the key
as a parameter to play your SVCD.

BTW: This most certainly is no SVCD. I don't know, how exactly it was
done, but I'm positive, that it violates the SVCD standard to hell and
back.

--
                     _ ___      http://www.p2501.ch/             / \
|/  /\   /\   /\  | \   |  |    christof at buergi.lugs.ch          \ /
|\ /--\ /  \ /  \ | /_  |  |    Master of unrealistic idealism    x
                                Say NO to HTML in mail and news  / \