[MPlayer-users] subtitles don't disappear when seeking in ogm!

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Wed Dec 11 01:59:02 CET 2002

Hi -

> From: D Richard Felker III <dalias at aerifal.cx>
>
> Show me a good free (think speech not beer) encoder and decoder with
> decent performance and I'll try it. Until then I'll stick to ogg.

	GPL free/good enough?   The decoder is GPL'd.   The encoder is,
	as the last mail item (which should be floating by about now),
	somewhat less free it seems but that hasn't seemed to stop mp3
	encoders from being used.

	I'm not out to convert anyone to switch.  It's another format that
	seemed worth supporting (MPlayer linked with the faad2 libraries
	decodes AAC very well) if it wasn't too hard or difficult.

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz
	sms at 2bsd.com