[MPlayer-users] smooth looping with mplayer

Dean S. Messing deanm at sharplabs.com
Sun Dec 8 02:25:03 CET 2002

D Richard Felker III writez;
 :: On Fri, Dec 06, 2002 at 07:23:09PM -0800, Dean S. Messing wrote:
 :: > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
 :: >
 :: > I hope this is not a "RTFM" (which I have diligently tried to do!) question.
 :: >
 :: > I have some short, experimental, research clips (mostly
 :: > raw/uncompressed .avi files) on which I wish to loop indefinately for
 :: > some visual experiments.  I know about `-loop 0' but it is not doing
 :: > what I want.  With `-loop 0', mplayer seems to "restart" at the end of
 :: > the clip which makes it (and the video sequence) flash annoyingly.  Also
 :: > the display window is repositioned from where I moved it.
 ::
 :: -fixed-vo. It might crash though with broken vo drivers.

There was a typo in my last message.

"-xineramascreen 1" should have been "-xineramascreen 0" in the
example commandline I gave.