[MPlayer-users] Re: Encoding quality advices

gabor gabor at realtime.sk
Mon Dec 2 02:02:05 CET 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-02 at 00:14, Dominik Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Monday, 02 December 2002, gabor wrote:
> > On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 22:56, Jan Knutar wrote:
> > > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > >
> > > If you want easy, try virtuadub that's also open source. If you want powerful, get mencoder.
> >
> > that's simply not true ( btw. it seems that you forgot the smileys :)
> >

> > that's true that virtualdub is easy, but saying that it's not
> > powerful... what features do you miss from virtualdub that are there in
> > mencoder?
>
> Good support for VBR mp3. MPEG2 decoding.

touche.

btw. mpeg2 decoding is a bit problematic on the legal side afaik...

from the virtualdub webpage:
"Do not ask me to implement VOB support or send you VirtualDub 1.3c."

virtualdub1.3c allowed to open .asf files:)) ( after M$ contacted him he
had to remove that feature)

bye,
gabor

--
listening to Toshiro Masuda - Saigo no Negai (Barie-shon)
gpg key at www.keyserver.net