[MPlayer-users] Audiophile S/PDIF in MPlayer

Lasse Kärkkäinen tronic at trn.iki.fi
Mon Aug 26 18:05:01 CEST 2002

> DTS passthrough is not supported by mplayer, no matter what card do you have.
> don't ask me to implement unless you can donate me hardware dts decoder
> and disc with dts audio stream...
> afair the xine guys tried to implement it but it didn't worked?
> at least it has some dts code in cvs and dts-not-working mails on ml :)

Weird. I always thought it was just data that is sent to the decoder in
same way as DD. Is the problem demuxing it from DVD or sending it over
the soundcard?

> AC3 is supported both oss and alsa, it depends on teh sndcard driver if it
> works

Yeah, this part is what I'm interested on, but it seems that no-one uses
that card in Linux. I wonder who actually wrote that driver..

- Tronic -