[MPlayer-users] Audiophile S/PDIF in MPlayer

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Aug 26 12:35:01 CEST 2002

Hi,

> I'm talking about M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496.
>
> Has anyone tested this card with MPlayer (or any other software)? I am
> about to buy one, and could really use some info on how well it works if
> at all. Creative's products aren't exactly what I want.
>
> So, any luck getting AC3/DTS out with it?

DTS passthrough is not supported by mplayer, no matter what card do you have.
don't ask me to implement unless you can donate me hardware dts decoder
and disc with dts audio stream...
afair the xine guys tried to implement it but it didn't worked?
at least it has some dts code in cvs and dts-not-working mails on ml :)

AC3 is supported both oss and alsa, it depends on teh sndcard driver if it
works

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team