[MPlayer-users] MEncoder-bug encoding from multiple files

Jonas Jermann jjermann at gmx.net
Mon Aug 26 11:38:01 CEST 2002

On Mon, Aug 26, 2002 at 02:10:54AM +0200, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > mplayer \*.jpg -mf on:w=640:h=480:fps=5
> > - Plays fine
> >
> > mencoder \*.jpg -mf on:w=640:h=480:fps=5 -ovc divx4
> > - Segfaults
> >
> > mencoder \*.jpg -mf on:w=640:h=480:fps=5 -ovc divx4 -vop scale=640:480
> > - Encodes fine

Just -vop scale should be enough too (was for me) as said bellow
(maybe colorspace conversion problem, donno ?).

> > Really strange. All the images are already 640x480. And I specify the
> > dimensions in the -mf option. So I don't really see why the -vop scale is
> > necessary.
>
> dimensions given to -mf are ignored since ages...
>
> -vop scale has a second function along scaling: colorspace conversion.
> maybe your jpegs are same size but different colorspace - maybe you don't
> even notice but teh jpg compressor changes y/uv resolution or just use
> greyscale mode for dark images to save space.
> i'm trying to workaround it in vd_ijpg but it wasn't really tested.
> i need sample jpeg sequence triggering this.
>
> anyway teh last gdb log you or someone showed about mencoder -mf crash was
> about the osd rendering - dunno why as that code should not be used by
> mencoder unless you render subtitles over the images.
> and it shouldn't crash even if you want osd...
> too bad that i can't reproduce it :(

My report was not about osd afai remember. If you want I'll
upload a small sequence. How many would you need? Is a minimal
number like 6 enough or should I upload the sequence for a ~5s
movie (would fill the incoming with jpg images)?

Regards
    Jonas