[MPlayer-users] MEncoder-bug encoding from multiple files

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Aug 26 02:11:02 CEST 2002

Hi,

> mplayer \*.jpg -mf on:w=640:h=480:fps=5
> - Plays fine
>
> mencoder \*.jpg -mf on:w=640:h=480:fps=5 -ovc divx4
> - Segfaults
>
> mencoder \*.jpg -mf on:w=640:h=480:fps=5 -ovc divx4 -vop scale=640:480
> - Encodes fine
>
> Really strange. All the images are already 640x480. And I specify the
> dimensions in the -mf option. So I don't really see why the -vop scale is
> necessary.

dimensions given to -mf are ignored since ages...

-vop scale has a second function along scaling: colorspace conversion.
maybe your jpegs are same size but different colorspace - maybe you don't
even notice but teh jpg compressor changes y/uv resolution or just use
greyscale mode for dark images to save space.
i'm trying to workaround it in vd_ijpg but it wasn't really tested.
i need sample jpeg sequence triggering this.

anyway teh last gdb log you or someone showed about mencoder -mf crash was
about the osd rendering - dunno why as that code should not be used by
mencoder unless you render subtitles over the images.
and it shouldn't crash even if you want osd...
too bad that i can't reproduce it :(

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team