[MPlayer-users] is WMV8 still broken with gcc 3.2?

Dominik Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Mon Aug 19 13:54:01 CEST 2002

On Monday, 19 August 2002, Goetz Waschk wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 18. August 2002, 21:29:55 Uhr MET, schrieb Diego Biurrun:
> > Is MPlayer now an official part of Mandrake or are you doing
> > unofficial packages?
> It is an official contrib package, so it should be on the 9.0 CDs. But
> it has been crippled, no libmp3lame, xvid, divx4linux, faad.

libmp3lame is a must, if you want to use mencoder for encoding movies with
mp3 audio. I mean, it's not needed for mplayer itself, only mencoder.

> If you need this, it's included in the unoffical plf package found at
> http://plf.zarb.org

I've seen it a few months ago and - forgive me - it wasn't as good as mine
or PLD's (which mine was based on).

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/