[MPlayer-users] Plugin in music playing mode?

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Aug 17 12:29:02 CEST 2002

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri writes:
 >    It's possible to create a plugin for MPlayer like
 > those for XMMS? If yes, there are anyone doing this?
 > What docs I should read to be able to create one, I
 > mean, where (in MPlayer internal structure) I get the
 > music info (album, artist, etc) and the sound waves
 > (to create some effects based on it)?  -- I know SDL,
 > C.

Read all the documentation in DOCS/tech, this should help you in
getting a basic grasp of MPlayer's architecture.  Subscribe to the
mplayer-dev-eng mailing list and send further questions there, this is
where all the developers are.

 >    MPlayer is the best Media Player I know, I think
 > the only missing part is the option to see something
 > in the screen.

Geez, I see something on the screen every time I run MPlayer ;-)

Diego