[MPlayer-users] Plugin in music playing mode?

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Sat Aug 17 09:02:02 CEST 2002

On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 09:17:25PM -0300, Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    It's possible to create a plugin for MPlayer like
> those for XMMS? If yes, there are anyone doing this?
> What docs I should read to be able to create one, I
> mean, where (in MPlayer internal structure) I get the
> music info (album, artist, etc) and the sound waves
> (to create some effects based on it)?  -- I know SDL,
> C.
>
>    MPlayer is the best Media Player I know, I think
> the only missing part is the option to see something
> in the screen.

Hmmm. MPlayer is _NOT_ Media Player. MPlayer is Movie Player.
It was not designed to 'play anything that moves', it's also an ugly hack
to play audio-only mp3 files ... I think it's a very bad behaviour to try
to make a software to play anything. Thhis is not spritit of UNIX neither
of GNU. For this purpose XMMS is much better, use that for that purpose.
OF COURSE you can do it what you want if you really think. It's another question
that Arpi will accept you patches or not.

> Gustavo

- Gábor (larta'H)